Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vampires? VAMPIRES?

If you arrived at this page from my Facebook page, its probably because you wanted to know more about me than that I like vampires. Or perhaps you just don't have anything better to do right now.

But yes...

I like vampires. I am NOT a johnny-come-lately Stephanie Meyer Twilight fan, no disrespect intended to Ms. Meyer. I have not read any of the books, but I saw the movie. It was enjoyable enough I suppose but it was more of a teen romance than a vampire story. No, I like Bram Stoker's story the best. Anne Rice is good, too. Tanith Lee. Others as well. I also like vampire movies and vampire music like Blutengel and Theatres des Vampires. Nox Arcana, stuff like that.

I love The Doors, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie and all kinds of other "Classic Rock" of the 60's and 70's. I also love punk and new wave music. Particular favorites are the Ramones, the Clash, Blondie and Boomtown Rats.

Currently, I am into female vocalists of pop, jazz & rock. Tristania, Nightwish, Evanescence, Tarja Tarunuen, Sissel, Sarah Brightman, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Jane Monheit. Well, you get the idea.

My current favorite movie is Stardust. Thanks for that, Neil. It's wonderful. I also really really really like 12 Monkeys, Blade Runner, Pan's Labyrinth, Terminator , T2, and the LOTR trilogy. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The Science of Sleep. Amelie. Chocolat. But also more realistic fare like Wonder Boys, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Cider House Rules.

My favorite authors are Borges, Umberto Eco and Arturo Perez-Reverte. I also love Margaret Atwood and Andrea Barrett. For laughs gimme Vonnegut. And the scariest book I ever read was The Bell Jar.

I was born in 1951, which makes me a baby-boomer. I was drafted during Vietnam but did not serve. I was a political independent and moderate most of my life, but have become increasingly liberal as I've gotten older and am now a registered Democrat. I voted for both Bill Clinton & Barack Obama.

I am an environmentalist but am not an animal-rights advocate. I respect John McCain but am not sure I like him very much. Ron Paul is the only current Republican politician that I like.

I believe in an unseen world, as well as the teachings of Jesus Christ, but am not sure I believe in God in the biblical sense.

What else do you wanna know?

2 comments: